Nothing can prepare you for the fierce, unconditional love you feel for your newborn baby, a powerful love that deepens with every passing day as you grip tightly on board the rollercoaster of those first few weeks. Bonding through a haze of oxytocin, consumed by the responsibility of caring for this tiny being, it is a love that changes everything and, inevitably, the other relationships in your life will change too. So, unless you are incredibly lucky, as a new mum you are unlikely to spend your Valentine’s Day dancing the night away in the arms of your partner (an early night and a cup of cocoa might be nearer the mark) but this new love can and should still be celebrated. Gestures of love from those around us can mean the world at this time.
The concept of true love takes on a whole new meaning for new mums and mums to be. Real romance can be a lie in or a cup of tea, a relaxing bath or a foot rub to ease aching limbs. The most valued romantic gestures are those that allow us to recharge our batteries and reenergise ourselves for the days ahead. So for dads and dads to be, grandmas, nanas and anyone else who wishes to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a new mum, we have some suggestions of ways to show your love and appreciation.
Top five Valentine’s Day gifts for new mums and mums to be:
- Time to enjoy a long, uninterrupted relax in the bath with our lovely bath soak and a gorgeously scented relaxation candle. Or push the boat out with our luxury pamper hamper.
- A leg and foot massage with our cooling leg and foot cream to ease tired limbs.
- A cup of tea with our mummy bear mug to be enjoyed still hot with a box of chocolates (not to be shared).
- Let’s be honest ladies, jewe llery always goes down well on Valentine’s Day! Our beautiful mummy diamond pip necklace, exclusively created for Babyblooms, is a timeless reminder of the special love between mother and child.
- Finally, just being there, and telling her through the haze of hormones and sleepless nights that you love her is worth its weight in gold. A loving hug and a reassuring whisper “you’re doing brilliantly” is priceless.
Let’s not forget the source of all this new love, the precious bundle that has turned our life upside down. Although baby doesn’t know it’s Valentine’s Day we can still have fun choosing presents for the new love in our life. Maybe a new cuddly toy or a book to share at bedtime, a gift to enjoy together to celebrate baby’s first Valentine’s Day.