Becoming a new mum is a beautiful and life-changing experience, but it is also really, really hard work! Often, as mums we often put a huge amount of pressure on ourselves, whether it's how we look, how we dress or how we care for our babies and so we think new mums have enough on their plates without having to stick to a long list of new year's resolutions. In a spirit of solidarity with all new mums out there we have put together a list of top new year resolutions for new mums that you should try and keep in 2018...
New Year Resolutions for New Mums
- More naps all round.
- Wear make-up that hasn't been applied by one of your children.
- Celebrate getting dressed - it really is an achievement with a newborn.
- Take 20 minutes a day to do something just for you, maybe reading your favourite book or magazine, a spot of exercise or a hot bubble bath.
- Drink more water (or coffee, or wine).
- Get outside more, whether it's a quick walk to the shops, a trip to a baby group or a playdate with a friend, leaving the house can really improve your mood (especially if you are heading for the pub).
- Practice saying 'no' (you'll really need this when you have a toddler).
- Embrace good enough, don't let your pursuit for perfection make you miserable.
- Don't try too hard to change; your little one loves you just the way you are.
Here's to a happy and healthy 2018 to all mums and little ones from everyone at Babyblooms!